One of the best bonuses you can receive on a bingo site is free spins to spend on slots. These offer the opportunity to try out some instant win games which could land you a mega jackpot prize.
Our Favourite Sites With Free Spins
mFortune offers up to 80 free spins on select slots - keep what you win!Visit website for full T&C's.
Lucky Cow Bingo
Deposit £10 @ Lucky Cow & spin the wheel to win up to 500 free spins!Visit website for full T&C's.
Mr. SpinMr. Spin specializes in mobile slots, and lets you try them out with 50 free spins as soon as you join - no deposit needed! You can even pay by phone bill!Visit website for full T&C's.
Play unique slots with up to 80 free spins @ PocketWin!Visit website for full T&C's.
Although this is quite a common bonus in the bingo world, not all sites offer the same great deal. Here are our top picks for sites with free spins:
What Are Free Spins?
A slots free spins bonus offers players the chance to take spins on slots as opposed to offering a bonus cash amount. Free spins can be awarded as a no deposit slots bonus, deposit bonus or as a reward.
Free spins can be awarded on a specific single game or on a limited number of games available on the site. You can also find some free spin bonus round on games, as they have them as part of the overall gameplay.
Top Tip: Some sites refer to free spins as bonus spins, though they really mean the same thing.
No Deposit Offers Vs Free Spins
With a no deposit offer, you are usually awarded a free sum of cash to spend on whatever you like on the site, whether that’s bingo tickets, spins on slots or buying into casino games. A free spins bonus, whether you’ve got a no deposit offer or otherwise, will limit you to spending the bonus on just slots.
Which is Better?
This one will come down to the player, but here are some things to consider when you decide between a fixed bonus and free spins bonuses:
|FREE SPINS||NO DEPOSIT OFFERS|
|Give you a chance to try a game.||Can have more terms and conditions.||No need to add any money to your account.||Wagering requirements can be restrictive.|
|Can be used to generate more funds.||May be capped at a set amount.||You can choose the game you want to play.||Many games may be off limits.|
|Some users find these more exciting than a fixed bonus.||Usually only one game selected for playing with.||You can be more flexible with your bet.||You may be required to deposit before you withdraw.|
|Spins are usually given on top titles.||You may need to deposit to claim.||On some sites you can use these on bingo and slots.||Some sites allow their bonuses to expire.|
|What you wager is fixed, so it’s the same amount on each spin.|
Which can you Win More on?
There are a couple of things to take into account with this question, the first is the control you have over your bet. With a no deposit bingo bonus you can choose a game with a higher RTP and wager what you like on it.
Free spins, on the other hand, may have a higher total value that would allow you to win more.
Free Spins Bonuses Vs Games with Free Spins
There is a difference between a free spins bonus and a game with free spins is quite large. The first is a sum of spins given by a site to play on the game and the latter is a bonus round that you unlock mid game.
Free spins from a site usually just allow you to play one bet size on one game, which may feel quite rigid to players. It does mean that you don’t need to faff around with games, bet lines or wagers though – which may be appealing to some.
Our Top Slot Games with Free Spins Bonus Rounds
- Starburst – This dazzling slot game is all about matching up the colours of the rainbow. The wild symbols are the best part, as they can expand to take up entire reels in no time.
- Fluffy Favourites – A favourite among many players, this sweet slot game is all about the bonus features. There are free spins, wilds and loads more in this impressive slot game.
- Shaman’s Dream – Tap into your magical powers with this slot and whip up some free spins. Go on a spirit quest and find your inner jackpot potential, just cross your fingers.
- Gonzo’s Quest – Take a trip with one of the most famous casino game characters of all time here. This game gives you the chance to win more than 5 times from one spin with the Avalanche Reels system.
Most Common Games for Free Spins Bonuses
Naturally, sites tend to pick the top games to offer free spins on, as these are the ones that users actually want to play. Flagship games like Starburst and Pets are among the ones that you’ll find the most free spins offers for.
When it comes to the games, there are three main ways you’ll see these determined by a site:
- One Game Pre-Specified – This is the most straightforward kind of free spins bonus, as the site already tells you which game you will be playing on.
- A Group of Games – You may also find sites that offer you a set amount of free spins but offer you a few different choices on the games you play them on. This gives you a bit more choice as to the game you want to play – if you’re really savvy then you can look up which one has the highest RTP before you play.
- Spin the Wheel – You’ve probably seen this kind of bonus on a lot of sites. Generally speaking, you spin the wheel to decide what game you’ll play on and also how many spins you’ll get to play through. This can offer a bit more excitement but it can also mean you get more or less than you bargained for.
Progressive Jackpots Vs Flat Top Slots
It’s quite rare to get freebies to play on progressive jackpot games, but they do exist. While these can be harder to find, they can also come with some really big jackpots to make this worthwhile. It’s possible to win millions with these games, so you can easily see why they are so popular with gamers.
On the other hand, with flat top slots you can find bonuses more easily. They also offer a higher return to player, though the individual jackpots may be smaller. Our advice would be to try out each and play the ones that suit you best.
Why are Free Spins so Popular?
You may have noticed that free spins on bingo sites are becoming more popular these days, as lots of sites seem to want to give them away. This is because:
- Players are enjoying slot games and slot based bonuses more now, as bingo players are having just as much fun on slots too. With these becoming popular, it’s great for users to look forward to the bonuses that they enjoy.
- There are also tax benefits to offering free spins as opposed to a quantifiable bingo bonus. Since the bonus tax came in, some sites have been opting to give free spins instead, so they don’t need to pay as much.
- It’s a new way to reward players, with some of us being so jaded with boring bonuses this does offer a bit more excitement. It’s up to you how much you win back and sometimes even what games you want to play on.
- For sites, they’re good because there’s no guarantee of a player winning a lot of bonus funds back. As they’re dependant on luck, players may win more or less than a standard bonus amount.
Because of these reasons, we’re likely to see yet more sites opting to offer free spins too.
Terms and Conditions that you Need to Know
Free spins are a bit more complicated in terms of the fine print, so take a look into:
- When they Expire – Some bonuses come with expiry dates, if you don’t use them within that time then you will lose them. You don’t want to miss out, so be aware of this.
- Are their Limitations? – From the games you can play on to the wager that you’ll be playing with, these can come with hefty limitations. By reading the fine print, you’ll learn everything you need to know.
- Caps on your Winnings – As well as a limit on your wager, there may also be a cap on how much you can win per spin as well as how much you can win overall. This could be as little as a few pounds or much larger.
- Wagering Requirements – These also apply to any bonus funds that you win from these games. If you want to change your bonuses into cash, then you should check the wagering requirements to make sure this is possible!
The more you know about these the better!
Working out the Value of Free Spins
With all of those terms, it can be tricky for players to know which bonuses are the best. If you want to work out the value of free spins, then take the following into account.
You should start by multiplying the spin value by the number of spins. For example, if a site gives you 50 free spins with a value of 50p each – then you can estimate this bonus to be worth £25.
If you’re sizing up bonuses from different sites, then this can get you started with a ballpark figure. For instance, those 50 x 50p spins would be worth more to you than 100 spins that have a value of 20p. It’s all about checking out the maths for this bit!
You’ll also want to factor in the different caps and limits. Using those two examples in the last paragraph, the maths would show that the former is better value for money. However, if the latter was a keep what you win site with high limits, and the former had big wagering requirements then you would need to factor this in also. There are no hard and fast rules for this bit, it’s up to you to decide which is offering you the best value for money.
Getting your Hands on Free Spins
There are a few different bonuses that can include free spins within them:
- Welcome Offer – As a new player, you can scoop some free spins as part of the welcome offer on many sites. You may even get more than one of these bonuses when you sign up.
- Redeposit Bonuses – These further bonuses can add more free spins and bonus funds to your account too. They help you to stay topped up in the long term!
- Loyalty Bonuses – As a perk for loyal players, sites may also add in a monthly free spins bonus. These usually get larger the more you spend with a site, so it can be worth it to spend a bit more to get more spins.
- Prize Draws – They’re also popular in prize draws too! You could deposit, play bingo or even take part in chat competition to be entered into a draw to win spins.
- Social Media Competitions – Sites are mobbing away from giving away as many bonuses on social media in favour of giving out free spins, for similar reasons as changing their welcome offer to spins. These usually don’t cost anything to take part in and will give you the chance to win additional bonus funds by playing.
Now that you have all the knowledge you need about free spins, get out there and claim some! You’ll have a blast playing through them and you’ll get the chance to win loads too.
Related: read more about progressive jackpot slots!