The fun of playing today’s best mobile bingo sites on the touch screens of smartphones and tablets is undeniably expanding the game’s social reach. There are a few things that make playing bingo uniquely enjoyable when it’s right in the palm of one’s hand using a Web-ready device.
One of the main draws is the variety of attractive no deposit mobile bingo bonuses, which remain as dynamic and as fruitful as the bonuses on other gaming sites, like casinos.
Top-Notch Mobile Bingo Sites
We at BingoOnMobile strive to offer you the cream of the crop of mobile bingo sites. Here’s a selection of our top picks:
What Makes a Good Mobile Bingo Site?
We’re really discerning when it comes to the mobile bingo sites that we play on, as such we look for a lot of different elements to deem a site as worthy of our custom. When it comes to picking out sites for us and for our readers, we look for:
- Speed and Convenience – To us, there’s no point playing on a mobile bingo site that takes an age to load or doesn’t offer the best experience. We like to take a good look around these sites on our chosen devices before we make a deposit, this gives us a better idea of how well they work.
- Good Value – This is a staple on both mobile and desktop sites, we’re always looking for the best possible value for money. This means a range of great bonuses PLUS player orientated T&Cs too.
- Variety – We’ve lost count of the number of times that we’ve had enough and gotten bored on a bingo site that doesn’t have a lot going for it. If there aren’t enough jackpot bingo games, slots and other games then we’re not going to stick around with these sites.
- Customer Service – You might not think about this aspect of a site until you really need it and that makes a big difference. If you’re getting poor or non-existent customer service, then it really leaves a bad taste in your mouth. We like helpful, round the clock customer service options.
- No Download Required – This may vary for players that prefer an app, but we tend to opt for sites that don’t require us to download anything. We like to play on a variety of sites, so don’t want lots of these taking up space on our device.
- Mobile Payments – To make things easier for mobile players, we like to see phone bill payments and PayPal options too. Then it’s really simple and secure to fund your account.
In many ways, what we look for in a mobile site isn’t all that different than a desktop. We want to be able to play a wide range of games and win without a lot of faff.
Hi-Tech + Social
Somehow the mixture of new bingo sites with a game that some may consider – let’s face it – ‘old fashioned’ makes for a delightful and compelling experience. Web-powered bingo entertainment is not something to ignore, particularly with its newest social networking features.
Still Sociable Bingo
Whether this pastime comes through iPhone Bingo apps or Android bingo apps, it retains the ‘social’ element directly from actual bingo halls. Mobile platforms also have introduced unprecedented conveniences, alongside newer features that change how online bingo is played.
Chat games and team events are popular on a variety of mobile sites for this reason. Getting to practice your lingo and even getting to know other players can be a lot of fun.
We’re also partial to sites that like to chat with their players on social media. We love pages that run competitions for loyalty points and prizes, as it gives us a good reason to actually follow them.
Mobile Bingo Sites vs Mobile Bingo Apps
Players can take advantage of their favourite games on-the-go through mobile-optimised sites or specially created mobile bingo apps as well. Actually, since the Web’s code itself was updated to HTML5, apps are no longer the best practice for game makers.
Bye Bye, Native Apps!
Bingo providers are switching to the mobile Web-browser platform because of these advantages:
- games can be updated and improved quickly
- players need not download, install, or update apps
- mobile devices’ memory is not used up
- all players are on the exact same game always
- social bingo features work best online
- no dangers of false apps or malicious apps
- new Web browsers function without plugins
- all smartphones come with a Web browser
As we’ve mentioned, we’re in the camp of enjoying mobile responsive sites rather than apps. We’re seeing more and more of these, to us this is a change in the right direction!
Easier than Ever
Whether you have an iPhone 7, the latest Samsung Galaxy device or even an economical Kindle Fire, most players will be able to access a new mobile bingo site in the same way that they do on their desktop (usually referred to as just ‘online’ bingo). Browser-based games are making mobile bingo a seamless transition for players.
Apps won’t disappear completely, since they still will have good uses, such as for casual games (‘just for fun’, without real money). You frequently still can find compatible bingo apps from official sources:
- the iTunes Store if you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- the Google Play Store, since many apps also currently developed for Android phones
- as well as from Microsoft, for Windows Phone
However, beyond app availability, the issue of compatibility is becoming less and less of a concern these days. That is because almost all major bingo sites now have their own mobile version that loads up automatically.
Games played in the mobile browser application are cross-compatible with all operating systems, such as Apple’s iOS and the countless versions of Android found on smartphones or tablet devices, or others.
Don’t Forget Mobile Slots!
Bingo players are really enjoying a wealth of mobile slots, as they’re becoming ever more prominent on bingo sites. We’re enjoying this, as we like to play on both bingo and slots – sometimes even both at once! Perks of testing out these games include:
- Speed – Spinning on a slot game only takes a few seconds, before you know it you could net a jackpot!
- Convenience – When it comes to slot games, you pick when you want to play rather than having to wait for a game to begin.
- Variety – Slot games come in a range of forms, with different gameplay and even reel structure to experiment with.
- Free Games – There are loads of ways to get free games on slots, whether that’s by winning some free spins in the game or earning them on the site.
- Big Jackpots – With progressive jackpot games, you can win a whole load of cash without risking big wagers. Even flat top slots can have great big multipliers!
- Choice – Similar to playing when you want you can also choose how much you want to wager with these games, some even start from just a penny.
If you’ve not tried these games yet, or have but it was a while ago, then have a go. So many bingo sites not have these games in pride of place, as their players are voting with their feet and having a go on them. That many bingo players can’t be wrong, so have a go if you fancy something different.
Just for Fun Apps
Social networking behaviours among bingo users has given rise to ‘social’ or casual bingo games, usually tagged ‘just for fun’. As opposed to regular bingo sites, the main difference between the two is that casual bingo games are played for imaginary money, simple points, or creatively named credits that friends also can share and gift.
Even though they don’t involve bets or the chance to win cash jackpots, these casual games may include in-app purchases, or purchase within Facebook, that have real costs.
Usually casual games are played as a Facebook app, rather than on iPhone or iPad bingo apps. These social games, although lacking in prizes or involving any cash, allow far more interactivity than some bingo sites, including:
- the ability to invite friends to play easily
- sharing scores via players’ walls
- automatic posts on social media
- competing in tournaments with teams
Best Bonuses on mobile Bingo Sites
The best bingo sites and apps will always have generous bonuses on offer for players. These benefits may come as a no-deposit bonus allowing you to try out the site for free, a mega welcome package, and ongoing promotions that give you plenty to look forward to on site.
It’s worthwhile to find the best deals, so we’ve put together this handy list for you:
- no deposit: play for free before depositing
- free spins: free play on slots instead of cash
- welcome bonus: usually free cash + cash match
- re-deposit bonus: 25%-100% or more in cashback
- refer a friend: cash and prizes for each referral!
- spin the wheel: free cash and spins based on luck
- free bingo: rooms for newbies only or daily freebies
Safe Payment Methods
In order to allow players to play responsibly, online bingo sites, by and large, do offer more and more different ways of depositing funds to accounts, making it easier to limit and control spending on bingo sites. In fact, it is rare to find sites without alternatives to credit and debit cards today.
As well as the ever growing PayPal bingo sites, more sites are choosing to offer payment methods, such as the following.
- PayPal remains in many ways the highest profile Web-based money tool. It even tends to lend trustworthiness to bingo and casino sites that are authorised to offer it, since players count upon PayPal’s clout in case of disputes over transactions.
- Neteller is also an e-wallet, which has created noted inroads at gaming sites offering bingo and casino content. Although it does not offer the same flexibility and purchasing power of PayPal, it is comparable, with enormous customer recognition among players.
- EntroPay is a virtual VISA that offers a nice bridge between the traditional payment methods without their security risks. You can think of EntroPay as a cross between a credit or debit card and a cash voucher like Paysafecard: you can create it online, and, it can be used on any site like a real VISA.
- Paysafecard bingo sites offer a great way to limit spending and encourage more responsible gambling without having to register any credit card details. All you have to do is purchase a Paysafecard voucher using cash (from £10 to £175) from a selection of retailers or selected ATMs. You will receive a 19 digit code which can be used for depositing at participating mobile bingo sites.
- You may have seen Ukash a lot in the past and wondered what happened to it. Another online financial tool, the Skrill e-wallet, acquired and absorbed Ukash (which has been phased out). Skrill now offers both its more powerful e-wallet as well as cash voucher services under this one brand name. These tools are comparable to PayPal and Paysafecard, respectively.
- The convenience of mobile bingo pay by phone bill sites is increasing the appeal of playing on a mobile device (or a tablet with a SIM card). The UK service called Payforit is by far the simplest, safest, fastest way to top up your bingo account — but it is limited to only £10 per month. (Hint: Boku is a newer service that expands phone-bill payments considerably.)
Into The Future
Whether using mobile sites or smart phone bingo apps, brands will have to sharpen their game, so to speak, and expand value in order to compete in this exciting entertainment marketplace. We can see the following trends in our crystal balls:
- Even Better Software – As time goes on, software just gets better and sites tend to update. We love these kinds of improvements, as they make things better for players. With updates, we sometimes also get to take part in promotions to unveil the new site too.
- More Games – New games come out all the time, giving players yet more chances to experience new gameplay. We’re all for having a wider catalogue of games, but developers have to stay consistent and high quality for us to be interested.
- Better Promos – As the bingo world gets bigger and bigger, bingo sites need to pull out all the stops to get us interested. This means better promotions, whether that’s a bigger bonus or trying out something totally new.
- Clearer Terms – Terms and conditions have been coming under fire a lot these days and the Gambling Commission have been cracking down on this. If terms are unclear then they’re happy to fine these sites. This means we’ll see sites ensuring that their terms are super clear in future.
- Innovative Jackpots – While we often see guaranteed jackpot games, we’re also seeing more innovative ones. Escalator jackpots, no lose games and other forms are just some of the innovative jackpots that we would like to see more of.
We’re ready to blast forward into the future of bingo for sure!
The enthusiasm for mobile phone bingo sites on-the-go is strong now indeed, and for good reasons. The tactile feel and buzz of portable bingo combined with the way graphics and effects pop off your touch screen is just plain mind-blowing!